Plastic Spin Clean Filters by Jain with 150 Mesh Screen (3/4", 1", 1 1/2", 2") #4E & 4EH
- Related products
- Customer feedback
Plastic Spin-Clean Filters are designed to use a directional nozzle plate on the interior of the stainless steel screen. The spinning action keeps the debris in suspension to collect any discharge in the basin.
150 Mesh Screen Filter with High Quality Stainless Steel Screens
We carry all size filters, meshes and parts.
Plastic Spin Clean® Filters are unique screen filters that stay clean during operation. They effectively keep debris moving across the screen element towards the basin, where it is collected and can be drained to atmosphere. The 4E Plastic Spin Clean® Filter is best suited for applications where the contaminants are heavy particles like sand.
• No moving parts • Unique Spin Clean® action keeps the screen clean during operation
• Engineered plastic construction is light in weight and resistant to corrosion and injected chemicals
• Two piece threaded housing with O-ring seal for easy screen access and maintenance
• Pressure ratings of 80 psi and 150 psi available in ¾” and 1” models
• Strong stainless steel screen elements available in 30, 50, 100, 150 (standard) and 200 mesh • Vinyl screen collars prevent debris from by-passing filter area • Available with ball valve for flushing debris basin
• Only 5-8 psi pressure loss required across filter to ensure best self cleaning action
Maintenance Care should be taken to keep the operating pressure differential across the filter between 5-8 psi. Pressure reading should be monitored sufficiently to detect any build up of pressure differential during normal operation, which indicates the start of filter screen plugging. When this occurs, the system should be shut down, the filter drained and disassembled. The screen element should be washed thoroughly using a high pressure spray washer, spraying from outside in.
Several steps can be taken to extend the maintenance interval:
1. Start with a thoroughly clean screen element. Rinsing with garden hose pressure is not as good as using a pressure washer. 2. Make sure the filter never runs with less than a 5 psi differential. 3. Change spin plates or use more Flow Inserts (on the 5E-40 model) to boost operating differential to 8 psi if not already achieved, to further increase cleaning action. 4. Increase flush flow rate for continuous flushing filters. 5. Pre-screen heavy organic/aquatic loads with a coarse screen filter at the pump inlet for surface water installations. 6. Open flush valve fully on start-up to prevent sudden loading from a surge of contaminants